EMERGENCY WATER REMOVAL
UNDER WATER? WE HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
When your home or business is threatened by flooding caused by excess rain, washing machine, dishwashers, or broken pipes, Guardian Carpet Cleaning’s highly trained technicians are ready to jump into action to help save your home or business from further devastating water damage. Unfortunately, flooding almost always occurs when you’re least expecting it; reaction time is critical. To minimize the water damage, water removal must happen quickly. You need expert help—and you need it fast. Guardian’s trained technicians are on call 24/7. They arrive on the scene with powerful, state-of-the-art equipment that extracts the water from your home or business.
Our certified restoration experts are trained to deal with water removal emergencies. Our water removal experts will also advise you how to minimize the water damage until our crew arrives, which is always in two hours or less. Upon arrival, our professionals will quickly assess the situation and develop both an immediate and long-term plans of action. They will concentrate on safely yet quickly removing the water, drying, deodorizing, and disinfecting the areas flooded and/or damaged by water. Anti-microbial treatments may be helpful in preventing the development of mold, odor and bacteria, which are secondary issues with flood waters. We may also place dehumidifiers and air-movers throughout the affected areas to help with drying over a longer period. With regular monitoring, this process can take several days. However, we are only a phone call away if you have questions.
Our Commitment To You
- Respond 24/7
- Respond to your location in 2 hours or less – remember, timing is critical!
- Assess the situation quickly and efficiently
- Determine which category of flood water is impacting your home
- Category y 1: Clean Water
- This is the less serious category. Water from this type of flooding is usually from broken water lines, snow, rain, or sink overflows. The water does not contain contaminates and is not a health hazard if treated immediately.
- Category 2: Gray Water
- Gray water contains contaminates and can be dangerous if ingested or prolonged exposure has occurred This water contains microorganisms and should be considered a health hazard to you and your family. Sources generally include toilet overflows as long as no feces is present, sump-pump failures, or dishwasher back flow. This situation needs attention Immediately! Carpets can usually be cleaned, deodorized, and sanitized but the padding must be removed and destroyed. If padding removal is required, we can assist you with contacting local carpet installers to have the padding replaced once the carpet is dry.
- Category 3: Black Water
- This is the worst case scenario Sewage back-flow, toilet overflowed with feces present, rising water from nearby streams or rivers, all contain bacteria and are an extreme health hazard to your family and any workers in the area. Discarding of the carpet and padding is required as it is past cleaning. We will arrange to have all contaminated items disposed of quickly and within the guidelines provided by the CDC and the EPA.
- Category y 1: Clean Water
- Provide a written estimate
- Utilize the high-efficiency drying capabilities of our state of the art equipment
- Prevent fungi and bacteria growth
- Prevent secondary damage
- Effectively communicate status as the restoration progresses with the client at all times
Common water damage causes:
- Busted plumbing pipes
- Leaking pipes and faucets
- Refrigerator leaks
- Dishwasher leaks
- Water heater leaks
- Sink and shower leaks
- Toilets and overflows
- Septic tank / sewage backups
- Frozen or broken water lines
- Washing machine leaks
MINIMIZING THE DAMAGE
When water floods a home or business, the smartest thing to do is step away. Along with the dangers of electricity, unseen floating objects and backed-up sewage are potential hazards. If the cause is a gushing water line or a broken water heater, call us first if you need assistance in stopping the flow. The sooner we can begin cleanup, the better chance you will have of saving furnishings, floors and carpeting.
Emergency steps to follow:
- If possible, stop the water flooding at its source
- Turn off the electricity IF it is safe to do so
- Avoid walking in flooded areas especially carpeted areas
- Remove small furnishing or place foil under the legs. This will help prevent staining and rusting
- Remove breakables, moisture-sensitive or high value items.
- Do not use home vacuum or shop vacuum to remove.
- Avoid turning on fans or HVAC units as they can spread contaminants if this is a sewage flood
- WASH YOUR HANDS
- CALL GUARDIAN IMMEDIATELY
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BEFORE AND AFTER THE FLOOD
We know this is a tough situation for a homeowner to go through. That’s why we are committed to being with you through the entire process. If you need our assistance with filing a claim with your insurance agent, let us know. We will be glad to work directly with your insurance company and make sure they have all the proper documentation so your claim can be handled quickly and efficiently.
Your satisfaction with our company is of the utmost importance. If we can be of any help or answer any questions during this process, please let us know immediately.
Guardian Carpet Cleaning is family owned and operated so we personally understand how a situation like a flood impacts your daily lives. Call us and put us to work for you and your family.