HARDWOOD FLOOR CLEANING SERVICES
Guardian Cleaning Services has been cleaning your carpets and furniture, but did you know we can take care of your hardwood floors also? Guardian will clean and re-coat your hardwood floor with a completely dust free process. Unfortunately, the process will not restore areas that have been damaged from water, areas worn from loss of polyurethane, or that have deep scratches.
Generally, hardwood floors are dirtier than most customers realize. We understand your hardwood floors and why it’s important to properly seal and maintain hardwood floors. Cleaning only with a mop or broom limits the ability to truly clean and protect the wood. For the most part, mops and brooms simply move the dirt around and do not remove it totally from the flooring surface.
Guardian has partnered with Hydro-Force to bring a complete cleaning and protecting solution to our customers homes.
Deep Cleaning of Hardwood Flooring
Our revolutionary hardwood floor cleaning process uses a high-speed rotary brush and proprietary cleaning solution to reach tough dirt and contaminants. As our technicians clean your floor, squeegees trap the dirt, and a powerful vacuum extracts both the dirt and the excess cleaning solution.
When cleaning hardwood floors, our experts follow up with a detailed hand cleaning for those hard-to-reach areas. Then we restore the pH balance to your floor with a professional grade wood cleaner, which effectively captures any remaining dirt and residue. The entire process is low-odor, non-toxic and dust-free—leaving you with one hard act to follow.
Protect Your Hardwood Floors
But cleaning a hardwood floor doesn’t end there. We take the hardwood floor cleaning process a step further by offering our exclusive maintenance coat solution. After your hardwood floors are cleaned, we apply our fast-drying maintenance coat for a uniform sheen that helps to extend the life of your floor.
Tips Recommended by the National Wood Floor Association
- Vacuum or sweep floors regularly. Avoid using wax, oil soap, or other industrial household cleaners. Wax and silicone-based products compromise the integrity of your hardwood surfaces and makes cleaning more difficult.
- Remove spills promptly.
- Use dirt trapping walk-off mats at all exterior doors
- Avoid rubber-backed rugs or rugs with poor ventilation.
- Strong sunlight can cause fading of wood and wood stain. To avoid uneven appearance, it is recommended that you move area rugs occasionally to avoid the floor having faded areas.
- Apply fabric-faced glides to the legs of your furniture.
- Maintain consistent humidity levels in your home to prevent floors from swelling, shrinking, cracking, or exposing gaps.
- Avoid deep scratches. High heels and pets can damage wood flooring. Avoid dragging furniture across hardwood floors.
- Schedule Guardian cleanings every 6-12 months.
Download our Hardwood Floor Restoration guide here.