The five elements for Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
A carpet care program should consist of these five elements:
- Soil Containment – Containment of any soil entering the building by the use of mats at entrances.
- Vacuuming – Frequent vacuuming for removal of dry soil.
- Spot and Spill Removal Systems – Use a proper spotter and treat the spot immediately to keep it from becoming a permanent stain.
- Interim Cleaning – A prepared schedule to have your traffic areas cleaned quarterly or 6 month.
- Restorative Cleaning – Deep cleaning to remove residues and trapped soils using a hot water extraction method
Carpet maintenance must be established as a scheduled program not as a random series of reactions to soiling conditions and infrequent cleanings. A thoughtfully designed and implemented maintenance program is essential for long term looks and performance. You must design the program depending on the amount of traffic and type of soiling, which may vary by area. Due to the higher traffic levels, entrances and hallways will need more care than other areas. Food areas and entrances will require more effort due to the more difficult soiling conditions. Consult the chart below for suggested maintenance by traffic levels.
|Traffic Level||Vacuum||Spot Clean||High Performance Hot Water Extraction|
|Light||2-3 times a week||————–||Annually|
|Medium||Daily||Quarterly||Twice a year|
|Heavy||1+ times a day||Monthly||Quarterly|
|Severe||1+ times a day||Minimum Monthly||Monthly|
Guardian Carpet Cleaning is here to serve you and provide the required maintenance your flooring investment demands. Your investment in your flooring is probably the second most expensive behind the actual building of your home. Take care of your investment and provide a clean living environment for your family.
Guardian Carpet Cleaning
83 Pine Grove Rd
Locust Grove, GA 30248
We proudly serve the following cities and counties:
Locust Grove, GA
Henry County GA
Butts County GA
Spalding County GA
Clayton County GA