EMERGENCY WATER REMOVAL
UNDER WATER? WE HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
We have all been there at one time or another. The unexpected rain damage from a storm, the overflowed washing machine, , the hot water tank, the backed-up dishwasher, or the toilet overflows are all real unexpected occurrences that strike with no warning. When your home, apartment, condo, or business is threatened by flooding caused by excess rain, washing machine, dishwashers, or broken pipes, Guardian Carpet Cleaning’s highly trained technicians are ready to jump into action to help save your home or business from further devastating water damage. Unfortunately, flooding almost always occurs when you’re least expecting it; reaction time is critical. To minimize the water damage, water removal must happen quickly. You need expert help—and you need it fast. Guardian’s trained technicians will arrive on the scene with powerful, state-of-the-art water removal equipment that extracts the water from your home or business.
Our certified restoration experts are trained to deal with water removal emergencies. Our water removal experts will also advise you how to minimize the water damage until our crew arrives, which is always in two hours or less. Upon arrival, our professionals will quickly assess the situation and develop both an immediate water removal and long-term drying plans of action. They will concentrate on safely yet quickly removing the water, drying, deodorizing, and disinfecting the areas flooded and/or damaged by water. Anti-microbial treatments may be helpful in preventing the development of mold, odor and bacteria, which are secondary issues with flood waters. We may also place dehumidifiers and air-movers throughout the affected areas to help with drying over a longer period. With regular monitoring, this process can take several days. However, we are only a phone call away if you have questions.
Let’s be honest, most of us don’t really know how to clean up water damage. Thankfully, it’s not a regular occurrence. But when water unexpectedly enters your home, there are some things you can do to minimize the damage. Below are some steps that can help keep your head—and your belongings—above water until we arrive.
- Assess the Damage and extent of the water infiltration.
- If possible, stop the water at its source. Water meter in front of the home or business if it’s a pipe that burst.
- Turn off the electricity and remove small electrical devices from the areas with excess water, if it is safe to do so.
- Minimize or avoid walking on wet carpet. Walking on it is not only potentially dangerous, it also pushes the water into more areas.
- Remove small furnishings from carpeted areas or place aluminum foil under furniture legs. This helps prevent permanent rust of furniture stains.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to avoid contact with wet floors.
- Remove any breakables, moisture-sensitive and high value items, as well as items that may stain floor coverings. Don’t forget to look under the beds, tables, sofas, and other furnishings.
- Wash your hands after handling damaged items to avoid any contamination that might be present.
- Do not use home vacuum or shop vacuum to remove the water. This sounds crazy but it helps prevent electrical shock. Our equipment is van powered and therefore, avoids any potential electrical problem.
- Avoid the temptation to turn on fans or heating and air conditioning units as they may spread contamination if the situation is sewage-related.
This is our top 10 list of things to do in case you ever need a water removal service. The only thing left is to wait for our crew to arrive. Once on-site, our professional water removal crew will access the damage, provide a written estimate, and once authorized, begin the water removal process.
Hopefully, this will never happen to you but rest assured, we are standing by to help if it does.