Who hasn’t spilled coffee or had coffee stains on their carpet? I know I have on several occasions or my pets accidentally knocked my coffee cup over. Either way, I end up with spill or coffee stains on my sofa or my carpet, sometimes both! Fortunately, I keep a bottle of Guardian Carpet Cleaning Spot Remover at home for just such occasions. Don’t have any at your house? Not to worry, we found a good tip at Good House Keeping.
Coffee Stains on Upholstery
1. In a bowl, mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.
2. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.
3. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears.
5. Sponge with plain cold water and blot dry.
Coffee Stains on Carpet
1. Immediately blot up as much of the spilled coffee as possible.
2. In a bowl, mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent and one tablespoon of white vinegar with two cups of warm water.
3. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with plain water or the detergent/ vinegar solution. Apply a little bit at a time, blotting frequently with a dry cloth until the stain disappears.
4. Sponge with cold water and blot dry to remove the solution.
Coffee Stains with Coffee and Cream
If there’s cream (or milk) in the coffee stains, be sure to use an enzyme laundry detergent when washing the stained item.
If this tip fails or you need professional help, give Guardian Carpet Cleaning a call. Our friendly customer service staff will be glad to set up an appointment for our cleaning technicians, who are trained to get out spots of all types especially coffee stains, to come and take care of that ugly coffee spill for you
Guardian Carpet Cleaning
83 Pine Grove Rd
Locust Grove, GA 30248